Joan and Ted Flack Scholarship
The Joan and Ted Flack Scholarship provides the opportunity for one FIA QLD Member to attend the 2018 FIA Conference when they would not have had the opportunity otherwise.
The scholarship covers the cost of a Conference Only registration (valued at $1,345). Flights and accommodation are not included.
The scholarship is aimed at supporting early career fundraisers, and is designed to provide educational opportunities to early career (less than 5 years in the industry) fundraisers, to grow their knowledge and level of fundraising practice; provide encouragement to them to pursue a career in the field; and deliver benefits to their non-profit organisation and through them the wider community.
The Joan and Ted Flack Scholarship honours the incredible contribution of both Joan and Ted Flack to fundraising and to FIA. Their combined experience has contributed to the growth of fundraising, organisations, the advancement of the industry and the development of fundraiser knowledge.
Mandatory selection criteria include:
- Must be a current financial member of Fundraising Institute Australia
- Must be an early career fundraiser with less than 5 years experience in a fundraising role
- At least 50% of the applicant’s job/position must be devoted to fundraising in a non-profit organisation
- Applicant will present a verbal report on their Conference experience, at a QLD Breakfast in the 12 months following the 2018 Conference (to outline what they gained from the opportunity and how it was applied to their organisation/career)
- The Scholarship must be repaid in full if the winner does not attend the Conference in 2018
For more information or to be put on an expressions of interest list for 2019 please email firstname.lastname@example.org.